Verve Joint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRadioPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Post your internet arguments!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Conal
Conal

Prestige : 7445
Verve-Fame : 91

Post your internet arguments! Empty
PostSubject: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty1/16/2010, 8:13 pm

Now remember, arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded. That's part of why they are funny.

I think the author's response to the review I gave his flash made him lose as he took it personally.
Back to top Go down
http://GOTHCLAWZ.newgrounds.com/
Mussirus
Italia Ferrari
Italia Ferrari
Mussirus

Prestige : 6010
Verve-Fame : 94

PostSubject: Re: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty1/17/2010, 11:00 am

He took it too personally yes, but i don't agree with your review either. When you review a flash or music and you don't like it, try to bring your (constructive) critisism in a positive way. For example, try to avoid saying 'this sucks' or 'this is really bad', but instead say that it could be better and how it could be better.
I'm not saying that this review isn't helpful though, but if you review in a positive way* then people are less likely to feel attacked by your review. Remember that people put effort in making a flash or a song.

*reviewing in a positive way doesn't mean that you're positive about the flash/music, but that you bring your opinion in a.. positive way.

..Did i just review a review?
..Did i just start an internet argument in a thread about internet arguments?
..Isn't Brad Pitt gay?
Back to top Go down
Jomadx
Like a Boss!
Jomadx

Prestige : 6942
Verve-Fame : 233

PostSubject: Re: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty1/17/2010, 8:32 pm

Wow, don't let your fans down. that's a good one lol

Idk Goth, it turns out a lot of people don't like you on Ng. Someone told me you shouldn't be mod, because you don't deserve it. Let's prove 'em wrong.

For the argument, I think that guy did kind of bash you a little too hard..maybe he was just havin' a bad day.
Back to top Go down
https://vervejoint.forumotion.com
Conal
Conal

Prestige : 7445
Verve-Fame : 91

PostSubject: Re: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty1/19/2010, 4:01 pm

MH16 wrote:
He took it too personally yes, but i don't agree with your review either. When you review a flash or music and you don't like it, try to bring your (constructive) critisism in a positive way.
Why does it have to be positive? Should I be more considerate about his sensitivity?
Quote :
For example, try to avoid saying 'this sucks' or 'this is really bad', but instead say that it could be better and how it could be better.
But it's so bad & I just don't see any potential what so ever for this flash artist.
Quote :
I'm not saying that this review isn't helpful though, but if you review in a positive way* then people are less likely to feel attacked by your review. Remember that people put effort in making a flash or a song.
Yes, but this user was being quite childish in his flash. It looked almost as if he/she was being lazy & just threw an animation together with no real plot.

Quote :
*reviewing in a positive way doesn't mean that you're positive about the flash/music, but that you bring your opinion in a.. positive way.
Well, if his feelings are hurt by me speaking my mind then that's his fault. I don't see why my opinion matters to him.
Quote :
..Did i just review a review?
Yes.
Quote :
..Did i just start an internet argument in a thread about internet arguments?
No, it's an unretarded debate.
Quote :
..Isn't Brad Pitt gay?
He has a wife.
Jomadx wrote:
Wow, don't let your fans down. that's a good one lol
Like his are intelligent.

Quote :
Idk Goth, it turns out a lot of people don't like you on Ng. Someone told me you shouldn't be mod, because you don't deserve it. Let's prove 'em wrong.
I'm glad your giving me the chance. Smile

Quote :
For the argument, I think that guy did kind of bash you a little too hard..maybe he was just havin' a bad day.
Maybe, either way his response was pathetic of him.
Back to top Go down
http://GOTHCLAWZ.newgrounds.com/
Mussirus
Italia Ferrari
Italia Ferrari
Mussirus

Prestige : 6010
Verve-Fame : 94

PostSubject: Re: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty1/19/2010, 4:40 pm

Quote :
Why does it have to be positive? Should I be more considerate about his sensitivity?

No, it's not about that you might hurt his feelings or something, but when you review something you're doing it to be constructive, right? So you want the artist to think about what you said and if you're positive this is more likely to happen.

Quote :
But it's so bad & I just don't see any potential what so ever for this flash artist.
If you don't see potential, then why bother reviewing? Reviews are meant to be constructive and if you don't see any potential then a review is pretty much worthless. Your review wasn't worthless though, because you did give him some advice. So you did see some potential for him to make his flash better.

Quote :
Yes, but this user was being quite childish in his flash. It looked almost as if he/she was being lazy & just threw an animation together with no real plot.
Not much effort is still effort. And if he was childish in his flash, well that's up to him. Remember that reviews are not for your personal opinion, but for constructive critisism. Ofcourse you can say what you like and don't like, but it has to be based on a reasonable argument so it's constructive. Not just 'it's childish'.

Quote :
Well, if his feelings are hurt by me speaking my mind then that's his fault. I don't see why my opinion matters to him.

If your opinion doesn't matter to him at all then there's no point in reviewing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your internet arguments!   Post your internet arguments! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post your internet arguments!
Page 1 of 1