Verve Joint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRadioPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What the furries had to say...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Conal
Conal

Prestige : 7446
Verve-Fame : 91

What the furries had to say... Empty
PostSubject: What the furries had to say...   What the furries had to say... Empty10/23/2010, 12:26 pm

These are some quotes I have regarding what happened when I collapsed in the furry rave. Usernames other than mine & things that hint to usernames are "CENSORED". Some are PMs, some are blog comments & some are forum posts.

Quote :
Sent By: CENSORED On: October 17th, 2010 10:35

Hi there,

I just need to ask a few questions if I may as I understand there has been a few issues.

May I first ask why you were at Frantic Eufuria to film us for a documentary without prior consent of CENSORED as the CENSORED? Frantic Eufuria is not a public event and as such, consent should be gained at all times if you want to do media work. We are not a freak show for anyone to walk into and film for whatever purposes they may have thank you very much.

Secondly, at 17 years old, why were you even buying Alcohol at the bar? The website and the law quite clearly states you must be 18 to buy alcohol at the bar. Had I have known you were 17, I would have advised the bar not to serve you alcohol as the law has been broken last night.

Why on earth did you decide to get so drunk anyway? You'd pretty much passed out after just 70 minutes of the event starting and had to be carried out by the security team. Thankfully all the vomit you brought up came out once you were on the street, otherwise CENSORED would have lost CENSORED deposit for the venue.

As for going forwards now, due to the fact that you were served alchohol, the venue have now requested that we stick to 18 patrons only and for them to carry ID with them to prove their age on the night. Therefore, you will be unable to attend any Frantic Eufuria until you are 18 years old. This is out of my power but you will be one of a few now who cannot attend due to age reasons. All the others had stuck to buying coke, red bull or J2O or other non alcoholic drinks.

To say I'm deeply dis-appointed is an understatement.

Thanks for your time

CESNORED

So I said:
Quote :
Dude, I'm really, really sorry about what happened. I was very immature & in all honesty hadn't drank like that before (ever), I didn't realise quite how drunk I could become.

About the documentary, I'm a furry fan myself. I'm doing this documentary to give insight about what most furries are like & trying to define better just what it is, instead of the other documentaries that focus on extremes. I don't think you're a freak show, I find it very interesting. I wasn't just going to record stuff discretely, people were encouraged to film the night. I also got your approval to do so. http://CENSORED/ I kind of decided while I was there that I wasn't going to record anything & just be there to have fun & learn anyway.

The reason I bought alcohol at the bar was pure stupidity. I wanted to buy coke but I couldn't see any at the bar so I just asked for a Magner's. The reason being that I didn't ask them if they had anything none-alcoholic. That was probably because I was already drunk so I made bad decisions. On a side note, I think I mentioned being 17 when talking to you, but I don't remember.

Why was I so drunk? I was terrified of going. I was alone, so I wanted some Dutch courage. The bottle of vodka being over the top. I would have probably passed out regardless of what I bought at the bar. I wondered where those vomit stains came from though, I'm glad it was outside & on me rather than anyone else.

I mean yeah, I came along, completely new to the place, fucked it up & left. I'm very sorry about this.

So he said:
Quote :
Sent By: CENSORED On: October 17th, 2010 12:45

Well we all make mistakes and to be honest, theres nothing that can be done now, whats done is done.

When you asked if you could document the event, I thought you meant just film it for personal use or to put up on youtube etc, I didn't realise you wanted to document as in make a documentary about it all.

The Coke was readily available on the bar, they had big pumps with pepsi written on them. *shrugs* also the selection of redbull and J2O would've sufficed surely?

I can understand being nervous and dutch courage but the actions were very OTT to say the least.

I will say that you'll be welcomed back with no issues, you'll just need to be over 18 when you come back and not get totally wasted like this time really. Everyone deserves a second chance and we all make fuck ups, thats for sure. As for the filming, I'm happy for it to be personal use only but putting the night into a publication I am a little uneasy with. It's just my feelings on this really.

I hope your phone and camera turn up. The last I saw of your camera was when you face planted the floor in the corridor to the toilets, you'd dropped the camera which just shattered into bits, picked it all up and then stumbled into the gents. That was the last I saw of it. We found nothing when we were cleaning up either.

So I said:
Quote :
I just didn't see any of it coming. If there's anything I can do for you just ask, I ow you big time.

Then there's these blog comments I received after telling my side of the story in a journal.

Quote :
You sound dumb. Are you dumb?
My response:
Quote :
Elaborate.

Quote :
Who would do a documentary on furries?
Response:
Quote :
gothclawz
Quote :
I think all the other documentaries on the subject give people the wrong idea.

Quote :
i heard about this but dont remember seeing anything about it.
do you remember talking to any females? there were about three of us there
My response:
Quote :
If you were the women I asked about glowsticks, I spoke to you. There are details I can remember quite clearly, just not passing out.
Her response:
Quote :
yush i think that was me, i remember someone comming over to me asking where the glowsticks came from. ^^; heh
easiest way to get them has to commendeer the ones that ended up all over the dance floor. think that was the most glowsticks id ever seen to fall off people XP
My response:
Quote :
Lol, sounds like you had fun. If I drank less, kept hold of my belongings & stayed until 3am it would have been well worth this 2 day hangover. Those first 70 minutes were pretty awesome.

And now for some random quotes on the forum!
First quote by me:
Quote :
Hey guys, sorry if me being drunk caused any problems.

I had 350ml of vodka + 4 extra shots before I left, I then had 2 ciders. I think I was very irresponsible, I don't drink often so I was pretty naive. From what I remember, we were outside Club Cavern, waiting to go in. We were then allowed entry via The Crown, I spoke to 3 people (Sam being one), shook Jasper Foxx's hand, then I had 2 ciders, then I was on the benches outside the club with about 5 people stood around me.

I think I might have passed out. I've discovered some minor bruising & scratches on my left hand & vomit stains on my trousers & trainers, so I think I might have passed out & vomited when I was sat down. Thing is, if for the part I can't remember; if I was out cold then I must have been carried out of the club.

What happened?

Also, I seem to have lost my phone & camcorder. Does anyone know where that is?

Other than that, the hour & a half I can remember in the club was pretty awesome, you're a sound bunch.
Quote :
Am I going to be the first to point out that at 17, he shouldn't have been drinking?
Quote :
Yes and this has now been dealt with. As a result, the next Frantic Eufuria is now to be 18+ only due to the one spoiling it for many and a code of conduct is to be introduced. The venue has also told me that on the next Frantic Eufuria, all attendees MUST carry ID proving them to be 18 years old or over. Anyone without ID will be asked to leave by the clubs security staff.

To say I'm deeply dis-appointed is an understatement and this is why furries can't have nice things....
Quote :
^^^ I'm not a mod but maybe we can leave the drinking/18+ issue alone now to avoid drama? ^^^

All you need to know about it is pretty much before this post

Personally the night was very free from furry drama, so let's keep it that way for the team? XD
What I said to the club organizer:
Quote :
CENSORED, I'm really sorry about this. I was completely out of order & are very embarrassed by my actions. I didn't mean for it to affect anyone, I didn't even know I was about to pass out (if that's what happened). I'm sorry, I wont attend future events after that.
What a user said about my post regarding the amount I had to drink:
Quote :
Half a bottle of vodka is frankly dangerous, you are lucky you were simply ill, there was a report in the news recently about somebody who died after drinking a similar amount. And you were expecting to get useful film for a documentary after all that too?

PS. try the local police station for your stuff, if it isn't at the venue and you left them in the road somebody might have handed them in. You might not want to mention the circumstances of them getting lost...
Part of something I said:
Quote :
What I lost is replaceable, but what the club lost isn't & it was all done by my hands. I'm very sorry about that.

Quote :
The biggest thing that I need to announce now is a massive change to the Frantic Eufuria regulations.

Due to one spoiling it for the many, the next Frantic Eufuria is to be 18+ only with ID required AT ALL TIMES!
It seems certain people are unable to respect rules put in place and the laws that govern this country.
Quote :
On the note of Security, were there any issues/complaints concerning our actions at the rave? And "I got manhandled out of the club for being too drunk" doesn't count.
Quote :
Was an epic night, just a shame some idiot had to ruin it for alot of us by storming in drunk, which caused one of our ravers to be told to get off the premises for trying to by a non-alcoholic drink..
My forum post:
Quote :
From what I remember, it was a good location, there was good music & the security were sensible. Though, the people behind the bar probably should have asked for ID considering that 16+ were allowed in (at the time).
Response:
Quote :
pot meet kettle
My response:
Quote :
I'm just saying the security did the right thing.
Response:
Quote :
they wouldn't have had to do that if your actions had not had been so selfish

also the side effects form this are huge your fuck up has knock on effects that wont become apparent for a long time
Response:
Quote :
indeed i agree with CENSORED thanks con >.>
Quote :
With regards to outside on the bench, you said a great many things to myself and the pub-supplied bouncers. Mostly about unbiased documentary, and being 17. You also stated you knew the way home, and had your phone out, saying something about a taxi. Pub supplied bouncers said nothing we can do but let you sit and sober up.
Quote :
The club supplied two, non-fur bouncers. keeping non-furs out came down to three furry metalheads. Two of us furry types (Myself and another) helped you outside after you pretty much collapsed out of the toilets. you were unable to walk under your own power. We sat you down, and I stayed with you for a good half hour to make sure you were okay. At one point you threw up four times in quick succession, and then fell into the puddle while I was asking the non-fur pub supplied bouncers what to do with you. I pulled you back up onto the bench, stayed a bit longer, then left you in the club bouncers care as I had stuff to do back in the club. Your phone and camcorder I believe were still in your possession at this point.
Quote :
Also, in regards to your earlier question, you claimed you could drink glass/plastic and you were frantically swaying the cup of water about in your hand with no regards for it whatsoever whilst you were rambling incoherantly to us, spilling the water all over you.

After Meyou left I watched as you stumbled across the road and to the dumpsters, you then used your phone for what was most likely a phone call. Then you tried to stumble back into the club but I tipped off the security so they were ready for you. /shameless

Drink responsibly. We have a professor in our pub from time to time, very smart man, university lecturer, yet he drinks like fuck. The effect the drink had on him was uncanny, he proposed to my mom and other women in some lonely and lamentive state which was very pitiful, you don't want to end up like him.

Last edited by Conal on 10/23/2010, 2:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://GOTHCLAWZ.newgrounds.com/
Q
Satanic
Satanic
Q

Prestige : 6000
Verve-Fame : 24

PostSubject: Re: What the furries had to say...   What the furries had to say... Empty10/23/2010, 1:44 pm

Well, the thing I'm most glad about from this is that you're going to be welcomed back at 18! I think that's the best news here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.space-whale.newgrounds.com/
Spunky6666
Satanic
Satanic
Spunky6666

Prestige : 6187
Verve-Fame : 58

PostSubject: Re: What the furries had to say...   What the furries had to say... Empty10/24/2010, 8:14 pm

Q wrote:
Well, the thing I'm most glad about from this is that you're going to be welcomed back at 18! I think that's the best news here. Smile

Definitely. I gotta say, I'm impressed at how maturely the furries responded.

For someone without a soul, that is... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://spunky6666.webs.com/index.htm
Q
Satanic
Satanic
Q

Prestige : 6000
Verve-Fame : 24

PostSubject: Re: What the furries had to say...   What the furries had to say... Empty10/24/2010, 10:39 pm

Spunky6666 wrote:

Definitely. I gotta say, I'm impressed at how maturely the furries responded.

For someone without a soul, that is... Rolling Eyes

Oh, haha, very funny. Razz

Anyways, I'm kind of shocked too. I would think acting drunk in a furry bar would incude some RAAAAAAAAAAGE, but no. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.space-whale.newgrounds.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the furries had to say...   What the furries had to say... Empty

Back to top Go down

What the furries had to say...
Page 1 of 1